Graphite seals and PTFE are used in all of Universal Systems SE’s pumps and modules to increase the longevity and life of those products. But why? In order to understand how we can boast about the quality of our products, it is first important to understand the quality and reasoning behind using certain key components.
Graphite seals are used in both the pumps and modules to create a smooth seal for the piston to move seamlessly through. Below are a few bullet points that explain why this particular component is so important.
- Excellent heat resistance – up to 500°F – most all hot melt adhesive systems will heat up to 450°F, so even if a packaging line runs at the highest temperature allowed by the system, the graphite seals will remain unscathed.
- It has a medium to high pressure rating – the maximum operating pressure on any pump should not exceed 35 – 45 psi. The most common operating pressure is 20 – 25 psi. These seals are rated perfectly for this type of application.
- Excellent abrasion resistance – some packaging lines are not run with the cleanest adhesives, so utilizing graphite seals allows for any adverse environmental condition.
- Very resistant to chemicals – this allows the end user the ability to not only use multiple types of adhesives, but cleaners as well.
- Excellent extrusion resistance in severe conditions.
If you are interested in learning more about the components used to manufacture Universal Systems line of ProBilt™ equipment, please call (561) 272-5442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.