By far, the most commonly asked question we receive is – what is the difference between a glue gun and a module? A misconception that many packaging line buyers make is that when a module fails, you need to replace the entire gun. That is not true. In most cases, the modules attach to the gun and can be easily removed and replaced.
Below is a breakdown of the components that comprise a hot melt adhesive gun application system:
- Gun Head – this is the gun body that attaches to the packaging line and initiates the application of melted adhesive into the module. There are a variety of different style gun heads, ranging from 1 module to multi module capacities.
- Module – the module attaches to the gun head via two screws. Each gun applicator will come with modules, but these can be replaced regularly once they get clogged. The module is the conduit that applies the adhesive to the package.
- Nozzles (not always included when you purchase a gun) – at the end of every module is a nozzle. Most standard nozzles will screw on to the end of the module. The diameter of the nozzle will determine how much hot melt is applied to each package. Some modules, such as reduced cavity, zero cavity and ProBead’s, will come with an integrated nozzle seat attached. Replacement kits for these integrated nozzles are sold separately, instead of buying a brand-new module.
If you only need to replace the module, and not the entire gun applicator, make sure you check which type of module you need. Below is a list of the most common modules in use today.
- Standard H200 Module
- ProBead Self-Cleaning Module
- Reduced Cavity H200 Module
- Zero Cavity Micro Adjust H200 Module
- Swirl Pattern Modules
- Weave Pattern Modules
- H20 Modules
If you have any questions on which items you may need, please reach out to a sales representative by either calling (561) 272-5442 or emailing email@example.com. We manufacture all products in the United States and are here to offer the best price possible to get your packaging line up and running as quickly as possible.